Monday, November 20, 2006

Caffeine addicts, anyone???

Does this popular sign ignite twitches, involuntary gleam's in the eye, or sudden and multiple lane changes?



Sadly, if I am driving down the road, humming a tune to one of my favorite songs, and otherwise in an otherwise amiable mood, and I see this logo out of the corner of my eye -- well, I become a crazed fiend on a driven mission. It's one of the main reasons that I don't put an Ichthus (Jesus fish) on my car. Embarrassing? Yes! True? Yes!

I know, I know - some people are dogmatic about the inflated prices, lack of caffeine in each drink, and trendy, socio-psychological, and subconscious coercion of this franchise. Sadly, even if these were verifiable realities, I'd still go. I just love the drinks. I love the atmosphere. I'm a statistic. What can I say?

So, when I see a new Starbuck's, I get excited. What will it look like inside? Who will be working there? Will I know anyone when I go in? What kind of merchandise might be different than the one that I normally go to? These are all questions that absolutely MUST be answered. Lo and behold, there is a new Starbuck's in town for just such an occasion. It is located at the corner of 281N and 1604W. It's sort of next to the new Best Buy. I'd give you a map, but the Starbuck's website doesn't show the new location yet. At any rate, it's there. You should go. I'm going to.

Dustin...

No comments: