Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Blog Technology

Update:

Ok, so I did some research on what is called "Blog Optimization." Why? Well, I'm trying to make our blog a little higher up on the search engine. Let me tell you what - blog optimization is much like website optimization, i.e. extremely expensive and difficult. I'm not in to expensive. I'm ok with difficult. Thus, I tried to find ways around the expensive part.

Lo and behold I found some ways around the expensive part of blog optimization. You can create a blog and then do what is called link reciprocation. For instance, if you go to Active Rain's website you will see very quickly that it is a real estate resource concerning blogs. I went there, registered, placed a link for my blog on there registry, and then also placed a link on my blog homepage to their website - link reciprocation! They aren't the only folks who offer this service. Below are a list of folks to visit:

Technorati
Free Feeds
Inman News

These are just a few of the people who offer link reciprocation, RSS feeds, and so forth. There are also free search bars that push you up in Google's crawlers. The options are pretty endless.

Then there are the paid sites you can visit, register, give them large amounts of money, and they do automatic link reciprocation, page optimization, and you are automatically placed into a network of websites who have also paid these same people and give allowance for link reciprocation de facto.

You may be asking, "Dustin, did it work?" Yes and no! I have now placed myself in the running, so to speak. I will begin to move up on the searches. However, there are a couple of people who not only do free link reciprocation, but they also shell out the bucks for professional page optimization. I don't feel this is necessary - yet. :)

So while my efforts don't have immediate fruits, much like fruit - they will blossom over time. Besides, I'm fairly positive that blog optimization is much like long term real estate: it's based on referrals, not out sourcing. In other words, the more that people like you say, "Hey, that guy Dustin has a good blog site. You should visit," and then people come and we get more hits on our site, the higher up we are in Google's ratings. It's a referral based business.

That's all I have for now! I could post so much more. Please, if you have any comments feel free to share them.

Dustin...
www.4frontrealty.com

__________________________________

I'm going to post more about this topic later tonight, or possibly tomorrow. In the mean time, if anyone how multifaceted, complex, and intricate the blog world is then please feel free to comment.Technorati Profile

Dustin...

No comments: